My Fur baby.

It has been almost 4 years since Milo was born. I was never a dog person and whenever my daughter asked for a dog, I would give a thousand excuses to not get one.  Finally, as the years passed by the demand grew stronger and I caved in to her desire.

As we checked out different breeds and sizes to find a suitable one that fits our family we heard about a breeder in our town. We decided to pay a visit to see some puppies and immediately fell in love with the breed.

Milo was born in May, and we brought him home in the last week of July. It was hard for Milo, and we were anxious as well.  The whole family decided to spend the night together and none of us slept. Milo kept whining and was so restless inside his crate.  Finally, in the wee hours of the morning I decided to take him to the living room so the rest of the family could get some sleep.  Milo kept on whining as he was not at all happy where he was and after an hour, I decided to let him lie near me.  He became quiet for the first time that night and he snuggled with his face so close to my head.  I was scared in the beginning as I grew up hearing stories of my dad getting bitten by a dog. But within a few minutes I patted him, and he nuzzled his puppy face closer to mine and we just bonded like mom and baby. He wanted me to be by his side when he eats, would follow me every second and soon became a member of our family. As he grew older, he got accustomed to our home and routine and adjusted well. He can sense our happiness, knows to avoid us when we needed our lone time and plays with all his heart whenever we are ready to have fun.

Milo brought happiness as well as discipline in our lives.  One of us would gladly take him out for a walk either on a trail or to the dog park even when we are short of time or weather-related issues. His biggest joy is to hike on forest trails and to play fetch with tennis ball.

I learned so much from Milo: how to adjust to any circumstances, how to wait patiently, how to be quiet and more over how to respect. He is treated like my own baby but with all the respect. Milo transformed me to be a complete dog person.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REFLECTIONS