MASK😷

What are you going to write about me:  that I have saved millions of lives during the time of pandemic? Until few months back I was confined mainly to the hospitals, not so elegantly dressed, just down to neutral colors with two loops. Nobody paid any attention to me; I was just a random item that was checked as the situation demanded.

 

I have gotten a makeover now, from neutral to flashy colors, from thin loops to adjustable hooks and tie straps, from clothes to metals. Now I am an accessory that people are required to have. Does that make me happy, yes of course because I feel like I have attained the pinnacle of fame in a short amount of time.  I can flaunt my beauty; I go to many places and am not confined within the four walls of the buildings.

 

As time passes, I know that nobody really likes me, but people use me without any other choice. When people use other accessories on their bodies, they accentuate their beauty but I on the other hand hide it.  I mask everything, mainly the smiles.  Yes, it is the lack of smiles that makes me miserable when I go out:  the smiles of strangers, the smiles of friends, the smiles of encouragement and the smiles of consolation in these needy times.

 

 I am a mask who has hidden all the smiles but when will you realize that I am also one masked by hopes for a better tomorrow in this makeover of mine?

 

 

Written in June 2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REFLECTIONS